Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Just a Season

  


     Good morning my readers. As I sit here my mind is in complete despair as I just finished writing a fabulously long post about my life as a barista. I hit "save" and everything and it still failed to do so. After I refreshed the page I was distraught to see a mere 1.5 paragraphs on my otherwise empty page. *Sigh* Thus is life (famous quote of mine). Therefore, I will just have to make a new post on a different topic for this time.

     As I type it is currently snowing out. Well, it's a mix between rain and snow. It IS only 30 degrees, you know. Something a dear friend of mine once said is that when it snows it means the angels are baking cookies in heaven. The powdery white sugar doesn't all stick to the warm, fresh-baked delicacies of the heavenly hosts. Some of it is lost and floats down to earth to bring us beautiful winter scenes.

    Some people look at the snow as though it were a catastrophe; a school-closing, vehicle impeding, children's-energy-inducing phenomena. And others see the fluffy white flakes falling from the sky and see it as a sign. A sign saying, "Winter MUST come. But spring is to follow". New life will begin. A new season starts. Flowers bloom, birds sing, sun shines. But first MUST come winter. A season where everything basically looks dead. Where the world looks blankly white when the flurries come down and cover the ground with their wet, soft crystals. A vast bleakness fills the atmosphere as everything in sight is purified by the whiteness. Yet, still, though the signs are evident, some fear that winter will last forever. That spring and the warmth and sunshine that accompanies it will cease to ever be again. They fear that the "nothingness" will never end. Those are the ones who need hope.

    Dear reader, maybe you are in this situation right now. Maybe you feel hopeless and like the season you're in will never be over. Perhaps you feel like you're "too far gone" or "a lost case". You might think that you're never going to get out of this. That things will never change. Well, guess what? YOU'RE NOT, IT'S NOT, and YOU WILL. Things will get better. If you're fighting to get out, to change things for good, it mean's you're moving forward. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. A prize at the end of the race. Spring will come. Spring always comes!
   So, I encourage you to press on and have faith that you'll get through this season. And maybe you're in a good season. Don't just lounge around in the sun the whole time. Prepare yourself for the winter that is sure to come and you'll be ready to fight when the snow and cold comes your way. Each season has it's place. Don't forget that. The good and the bad.



 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens..."
  ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1

    Take heart! Don't be discouraged! Spring is on the way 💛 So stop worrying. Lean your head back and catch some of those snowflakes on your tongue. Maybe you'll find that there are blessings in disguise...

 That's all for now.
Love,

~ Sianna Renae

4 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see that you have a blog, too. (I saw your comment on Jeanette's new blog) So, I hopped on over here to see what you are up to.

    It looks like you got a job at Starbucks. Lovana did that for quite a while, and it went just fine for her. I hope you like it, or at least like getting paid:)

    I still take notice whenever the schools are closed or late up there in your nick of the woods--the snow up there is sure lovely. I will say that even down here in Salem, we've had a TON this winter. It has been lovely, but quite dangerous at times when it turns to freezing rain.

    Take care,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky!!
      Oh, I've missed you all so much! Glad to hear that you're doing well. Yes, I got the Starbuck's job! I am enjoying it for the time :)
      The snow has been so extreme this year! At least compared to the last couple years. I sure hope we can get together one of these days. I'm praying for you and your family!
      Love,
      Sianna

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sianna. I miss everyone, too. I am keeping very busy, though, mostly doing homeschool with my niece, Alissa, and Ja'Ana, and watching my niece and nephew several days a week. They are special needs and there is a lot of need for home-care, help, etc. I am a personal support worker for Developmental Disability Services, for those 2 kids. Then, add in cooking, cleaning, etc.......I don't have too much time to moan and groan:) I do miss doing piano, though, and plan to do that again when things settle down.

      I'm glad you are doing well.
      Becky

      Delete
    3. Wow, that does sound like a busy schedule! But seems like lots of good is being done :) I know there will be lots of students who will thrive under your teaching and love it just as much as I did/do! I'm hoping to use the skills you've helped me to achieve with starting beginner piano lessons in the fall (Maybe!:) So good to hear from you again,
      Sianna

      Delete