Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes (AKA: The Breakfast of Par Excellence)






     Are you ready for an amazingly simple and positively delicious breakfast (or lunch or snack or all of the above)? Obviously so, because you're reading this recipe post! I hold the secret to a yummy, allergen-free (dairy, gluten, tree nut, peanut, sugar, soy-free), melt-in-your-mouth, oh-my-goodness-gracious kind of recipe. They are easy, quick, and delicious. (And to be honest this has been my breakfast almost every morning for the last 6+ months 👀 ). So let's begin!

Part One:
Get out your ingredients. I guess I should probably tell you what those special things are, now shouldn't I?
Alright. One ripe banana and one egg. That's it. Unless you're like me and want to add a plethora of spices to the mix. I usually use cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.



You'll also need a small bowl and a fork (or some other form of musher. )

Get out a cast iron pan, lightly oiled, and set your stovetop burner to medium-low (this part is important!)


Part Two:

Step One : 
Unpeel the banana, obviously, and then break it into pieces and place in your bowl. Mash the pieces until their the texture of, well, slightly squashed bananas....

Step Two:
Crack your egg into a small bowl or measuring cup and inspect it to make sure there are no shells or signs of rottenness or whatever our mother's taught us to do that for... Toss it into the banana bowl and mix well.


GO AND MUSH IT!!!


No shells! Whaaaaat?!

Step Three (optional, but recommended):
Add your spices!!! My instructions on these are for you to pretend it's New Year's Eve and you're throwing confetti. You get the idea? Good ;)


You can even try nutmeg or cardamom :)


Step Four: Mix the spices in and check to see if your pan is hot enough. It should sizzle slightly when water is flicked onto it (Be careful, though. Don't use too much water... it will splatter! NOT GOOD). If it's too hot, they can burn or stick to the pan. So be wary of this step!

Step Five: Pour batter onto your pan and cook for 1 minute before flipping and repeating. Sometimes I can get 5 little pancakes out of one recipe and sometimes I just dump the whole bowl into the skillet and cook one big pancake! It's delicious either way. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy! Some toppings I like to do are : molasses, honey, peanut butter, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, nuts and seeds, etc. The possibilities are infinite!


Mini-pancakes!


I added walnuts, honey, and peanut butter to this one and paired it with a summer-fresh nectarine!


   So simple yet SO incredibly delicious.


   Be sure to try these out and let me know what you think! Enjoy :)

     ~Sianna Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment